How to share YOUR story on the blog?
If you’d like your story to be posted on the blog, please email our team at MentalIllnessStories@yahoo.co.uk and include the following:
1. A picture of yourself: Please make sure we can see your face on the photo with no filters or writing on it.
2. Your story: Make sure your paragraphs include:
your name, age, the country/city you live in. Please use these prompts to share your story:
– What MH issue/s has affected you?
– How do/did you deal with it/them every day?
– What helped you/is helping you?
– What has this/these MH issue/s taught you?
– Has it helped you to grow as a person? How?
– What advice would you give to your younger self?
– What advice would you give to others who are dealing with the same thing?
You can share as much or as little as you like (approximately 150-1000 words). Whatever you feel comfortable sharing 🙂 (*Please make sure there is no triggering information included, e.g. no sharing ways of self-harm/suicide, weight numbers, medications etc. If this is included in your story, we have the right to redact any content of this nature. This is not to invalidate your experience, but to be mindful of potential triggers of our readers*).
You can also add any of your links that you’d like us to share (your social media or website). If you are on social media, make sure to add your links (Instagram, Twitter) so we can tag you on your story when it gets posted on our social media.
Disclaimer: By sharing your story, you are granting MH Stories full permission to repost the contents on our social media profiles as well as within future projects (radio, podcasts, books, etc). Your story is an important way to improve educational materials for destigmatising mental health and we thank you for supporting this important ongoing project.
Please forward all of the above to the email: MentalIllnessStories@yahoo.co.uk
*We do our best to share as many stories as possible. However, due to the volume of emails we get, we cannot guarantee that every story will be posted on our blog. Regardless of whether your story is posted on our blog, we want you to know that your story matters and we appreciate you taking the time to share it with us at MH Stories.
If you are interested in collaborations or/and advertising, you can contact the founder of MH Stories, Kay, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org